What ingredients would your brand need to have in order to knock our socks off?
That’s what this course will address.
Here’s the scoop:
Week 1: Your Unique Gifts, Talents & Passions (Doing the inventory)
We’ll do some super-sleuthing together (don’t worry, I’ve got LOTS of great exercises to help us), so we can unearth the particular ingredients you bring to the table.
Week 2: Your WHY: The Hero’s Story (Mission, Vision, Values)
Learn how to define and declare your WHY (it’s much more important than your WHAT), and that put that why into language that shows off your superpowers.
Week 3: Crafting Your Story (Unique Selling Proposition/Emotional Selling Proposition)
This where we put the pieces together and find the unique angle that hooks your audience and makes them want to know more. You’ll learn how to deliver this message verbally, visually and in writing.
Week 4: Expressing Your Brand: What’s in a Name? (Your logo, name and other identity pieces)
There’s a metaphor behind every addicting brand. Let’s figure out what combination of words and pictures will do the best job for you.
Week 5: Planning to Implement (What you need to cover in a brand rollout)
Set priorities and outline next steps that will work for your small business (and your budget).
Who is this Class for?
- Business owners of all shapes and sizes — whether just starting out, or in need of a brand “re-fresh”
- Corporate employees who want to build a personal brand
- Coaches and Consultants
- Freelancers and Solopreneurs
Intrigued? Here’s the specifics:
The course consists of 9 chapters delivered over a 5 week period inside our very own password protected platform (like a secret clubhouse). You’ll study at your own pace and we’ll all keep in touch via your answers in the virtual classroom, our private Facebook group, and the live calls (both group and private). Each lesson is delivered via a mix of video, audio and written exercises.
You’ll get all of this wonderfabulous learning and growth:
- A unique brand all your own — from the naming of it, to your marketing theme, to the look and feel of your logo. By the time we’re done, you’ll know what needs to happen in order to launch!
- An implementation plan – you’ll learn how to best share your brand with the world using the most efficient tactics and strategies for you.
- 2.5 hours of recorded lessons. These will allow you to work at your own pace.
- You’ll have some Homeplay (as opposed to HomeWORK) where you’ll take what you’ve learned in that week’s lesson and apply it to your own business. Feedback on your answers is given online in the learning center, or get more by sharing your assignments in our private Facebook group (I will also give feedback there, as will your fellow classmates).
- Exclusive Guest Interviews. We’ll find out how other folks have done it. How did they choose to express their branding messages? What was their process? You’ll find out! (We’ll have at least 3 guest presentations.)
- Live Coaching and Feedback via two 60 min. teleclasses (also recorded) so we can discuss your progress as a group. These will be scheduled once enrollment closes so we can find the best fit for the majority of the class.
- Not one, but TWO private 20-minute consults with me before we’re done — this will allow you the opportunity to get some personalized advice on your particular situation, and to ask any questions you didn’t feel comfortable asking in the group.
- A Workbook — 63 pages of content and worksheets so you can easily refer back to any of the lessons.
- Publicity – I’ll do a blog post round up in early Fall with a listing of all the great brands that the class creates (with links to your websites, as appropriate). You’ll get to feel the support of my wonderful blog readers, as well as feedback from people all over the world.
- Bonus insight from some of the brightest minds in branding today.
- Lifetime access to the recordings, the Facebook group and any updates to the curriculum.
Bonus When You Enroll Before June 15, 2012:
$269 (or, 3 payments of $99 each) Note: My hourly rate for private coaching is $175, and this includes nearly a full private hour with me plus two hours in live group calls.
Branding and marketing communications are in my bones. Twenty years ago, I began my marketing career as a graphic designer, and over the years have developed and implemented strategies big and small. In my last corporate gig, I was Director of Marketing for a national nonprofit — and one of my purviews was guarding and promoting the brand.
But it’s more than marketing for me. I’ve considered myself an artist since I took home First Place in my grade school art contest at age 6. I’ve also been a writer since I was old enough to hold a pencil, self-publishing not one, but two volumes of poetry in junior high school. In short, I’m a geek for metaphors — visual and verbal.
I’ve honed my marketing expertise into laser-like precision, and have helped literally hundreds of small business owners just like you find their Secret Sauce.
Oh, and I love to teach. It started with a gig in college teaching lawyers how to use Windows® (and a mouse). For the last ten years, I’ve taught marketing classes in various forms and formats — both online and off. In short, I’m passionate about helping small biz folks take control and learn how to market themselves. It’s what fires me up and gets me out of bed in the morning.
Yes, I take it that seriously.
Here’s what people are saying about my classes:
Tea helped me find my tune! I had so much fun going through the exercises in the first few modules. [They] let me get to know myself and articulate my values and beliefs. The Word Chef Secret Sauce Workshop helped me tell my story and find a theme to brand my business in a way that is truly me. I’d be still lost and trying to figure out that something special if Tea hadn’t coached me through my big “aha” moment during our sessions. A big “thank you” to Tea for offering this workshop! – Rachel Rubin, Playing Internet
I always looked at my business as something that I started so I could do the kind of jobs I liked. I thought it was just because of me…but the course showed me that my business really WAS me! I was the “secret ingredient!” The ideas I gained were way beyond anything I might have come up with by myself. I still don’t have all the answers…but certainly have a much better foundation of knowledge to help me make some decisions on where and how to modify my business image and marketing plan in the future. Thanks Tea…it was time and money well spent! − Larry Guyer, A la Carte Digital Studios
[Your class] has been a true blessing. I feel extremely fortunate to have been a part of it…It is definitely worth “whatever” amount you charge. Your lessons and steps were perfect, your attitude outstanding, and your support is just awesome. If the student is willing to put in the work, they will get a lot out of it! Just like anything else we receive what we put out…I have learned so much from you and will continue to take any course your offer. - Michelle Church, Virtually Distinguished
This course helped me discover the pattern among all the ingredients of my background, aspirations, favorite things, experiences and even quirks that contribute to my secret sauce. For the first time in my entrepreneurial life, I’m clear on my ideal client, realize the value I offer my clients and am ready to share my magic with the world. The exercises, inventories, resources, videos and feedback were the right mix to stir my imagination and creativity so I could see and communicate my life and mission in a new way. The result was my first-ever manifesto. I’m especially grateful for encouraging me by example and directly to use social media and other tools to get my message out in a bigger way. — Flora Brown, Color Your Life Published
I don’t have the words to thank you for all you put into this program! Although I lagged behind the rest of the class, I’ve saved every e-mail, assignment, recording, etc. because I plan to make you proud! I’ve already begun to apply your lessons to my website and my blog. Anyone who has the opportunity to sign up for your next course should get right on it. – Margie, aka The Deevine Miss M
I have taken many marketing classes over the last few years and they were all great. The problem was I couldn’t take much action on all that I learned. I was missing some critical information that I needed before I could market myself and my business at all. I could not for the life of me find the words to express my brilliance (something we all have.) What made me unique, and how on earth could I find ideal clients without knowing? How could I explain, in words, my special talents? And then it happened. Somehow I found my way to Tea, invested in her “Secret Sauce” program and FINALLY began to find those words that had eluded me for such a long time. I found my own “recipe.” I’m still a work in progress and always will be, but Tea through her own unique method, showed me the right path to travel. I’m no longer confused and I’m so grateful. Thanks, Tea! – Nancy Meadows, Nancy Meadows Interior Design
Want a taste of what’s it’s like to learn with me via the internet? Here’s the recording of the intro webinar I taught for this course.
Our next class begins the week of June 18th.
OR, consider taking the on-demand version now.
There’s a full money-back guarantee! If, after working your way through the entire course, we’re not able to help you find your Secret Sauce, I will refund your entire enrollment fee. (You have up to 2 weeks after the last webinar to let me know this is the case.)
Questions? Shoot an email to email@example.com or send me a message on Twitter @teasilvestre.
Frequently asked questions
How large is the class?
I’m capping enrollment at 50. Those on the waiting list will have the first opportunity to enroll (on the 14th) and then 24 hours later, enrollment opens to the public.
When will I get access to the first lesson?
The class portal and all lessons will be available at 8:00 a.m., Pacific the 19th of March, 2012.
What if I have an emergency and can’t finish the program?
No problem. You’ll get lifetime access to the group and any updates to the curriculum.
What if I’m not ready to launch my new brand by the end of the class, can you promote me later?
Yes – we can hold off on telling the world about you until the Fall.