What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
- Registration Information -You will provide us information about yourself, your firm or company, or your services when you contact Word Chef for products and services or register for our email newsletters.
- Email Information – If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
2. Website Use Information
Similar to other commercial websites, this site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how this site is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after our site. We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to this website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in each such email.
What Are Cookies?
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
Sharing Information with Third Parties
The information we collect is used to improve the content of this site and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes. That being said, your information could be shared under the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, these third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with those business activities.
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions.
- We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
- If it becomes necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to this website, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in each such email.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Some of the information you may enter on this site may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128 bit encryption services. Pages utilizing this technology will have URLs that start with HTTPS instead of HTTP.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site, us, or third parties.
What About Other Websites Linked to This Site?
Please remember that any information you disclose in a forum becomes public information and can be used by people you do not know. Accordingly, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or other information in a forum. Any such disclosures are at your own risk.
Although we may monitor or review posted messages from time to time, we do not actively monitor the contents of the forums, and we are not under any obligation to do so. Each user is solely responsible and liable for the contents of his or her postings, and we are not responsible in any way for the content or opinions expressed therein. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove, edit or move, at any time, any material posted to the forums, in each case as we deem appropriate.
You acknowledge that the content of all postings expresses the views of the author, and not of Word Chef, Tea Silvestre or its affiliates, or any other entity, person, representative or agent associated with Word Chef. You also acknowledge that your use of or reliance on the information posted by other users in this forum is at your own risk.
Your access to the forums is subject to your compliance with the following rules of conduct applicable to all forums on this website. By entering a forum, you specifically agree to comply with each of the following:
- You will not post any copyrighted material unless you own or control the copyright in and to such material.
- You will not use any forum to post or transmit any message or other material that violates or infringes the rights of any other party, including, without limitation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
- You will not use any forum to post or transmit any material that is: abusive, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, defamatory, knowingly false, vulgar, obscene, sexually-oriented, profane or is otherwise in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- You will not use any forum for commercial purposes, including, without limitation, posting advertisements or solicitations.
- You will not post or transmit any software or computer files that contain a virus, worm or other disruptive or harmful component.
Without limiting any of our other rights or remedies, a violation of any of the above rules of conduct may result in removal of a user’s postings, revocation of registration and/or banning a registrant’s e-mail address, which would prohibit the user from having any access to any or all of the forums.
Word Chef will cooperate fully with law enforcement officials and comply with any court order with respect to any claim or investigation arising from your participation in any of the forums and any material posted by you, including, without limitation, furnishing such material and information regarding your identity and any other information we may have about you.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of and participation in any forum on this website. Word Chef shall not be responsible or liable under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in any way related to any forum on this website. If you are dissatisfied with this website, including any forum thereon, your sole remedy is to cease use of the website or forum, as applicable.
Word Chef does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials on this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the servers that make such materials available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Word Chef does not warrant or make any representation regarding the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of the use of any of the materials.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Word Chef and Tea Silvestre harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by Word Chef/Tea Silvestre in connection with or arising out of your participation in any of the forums on this website and any material posted by you thereto.
You acknowledge that by participating in any forum on this website, you are granting Word Chef/Tea Silvestre the unrestricted right, throughout the world and in perpetuity, to copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, perform, display or otherwise use, at no cost whatsoever to Word Chef/Tea Silvestre any and all material you post to any such forum, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights embodied therein.