The BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal): Help 1000 Small Business Owners Double Their Online Leads in 3 to 5 Months
The Hypothesis: That any small business owner with a solid product or service can be taught how to improve their online marketing efforts; and when implemented, those efforts will at least double the number of qualified leads that business receives from those efforts.
First Study Period: July 1 to December 31, 2011.
Second Study Period: January 23 to May 6, 2012. (The current study is FULL.)
Outcomes: Will be published in Summer of 2012.
- Own a small business (0-50 employees, NO multi-level/direct marketing please) with a solid product or service offering
- Have 10 hours per week available to devote to all marketing efforts, including time in the Test Kitchen
- Have an existing website that uses some sort of analytics to document traffic (Google Analytics preferred)
- Have a Facebook account and be willing to create and manage a Fan page for your business
- Have a Twitter account and be willing to use it
- Be absolutely committed to doing the necessary work to grow your business
- Be willing to share the outcomes of your efforts with the public via testimonials, case studies, or other formats.
Qualified Lead – A person or business in your target market, who expresses interest in learning more about your products and services.
Target Market – The group of people/businesses your product or service is ideally suited for — often defined by demographics and psychographics.
Topics Covered: Each target market has it’s own needs. We’ll cover all the foundational aspects of online marketing, but will ensure that you know how to tailor these for YOUR audience:
- Branding – How to express your “Secret Sauce” via words and images throughout your marketing
- Copywriting – How to put your best self forward and engage your audience so they ACT
- Building and maintaining a website – How to use WordPress to set up and manage your online “storefront”
- Lead Generation – How to capture leads online at your website and social media sites
- Advertising – How to write ads to get best results
- Email Campaigns – How to do them so they work for your audience
- Social Media – Best practices and which tools to use for your audience
- Blogging & articles – How to develop expert content
- Videos – How to harness the power of video on your site and elsewhere
- Audio & Podcasts – How to use for building your audience and nurturing leads
Additional one-on-one coaching and help will be available by Skype or telephone at least twice during the course, so you can get all your specific questions answered.
And the most unique part of this learning process? You’ll watch and learn as we build and promote a brand new website from scratch.
Click here to read what participants had to say about their experience in the first class.